Clinell Spill Wipes soak up spills safely, in seconds! The wipes are designed to make dealing with body fluid spills quick and easy. Within each pack there is one super absorbent, peracetic acid generating pad and two large disinfectant wipes. The outer bag is re-sealable for safe and easy disposal of waste.
Clinell Spill Wipes are proven to kill known microorganisms associated with blood, urine and faecal spills, including Hepatitis B & C, HIV, Clostridium difficile, Norovirus and many more.
Traditional body fluid spills protocol requires the spill to be decontaminated with chlorine before the spill can be safely removed, which is a lengthy procedure taking at least 10 minutes and exposes the user to hazardous chemicals as well as carcinogenic toxic fumes. Also, chlorine spill kits cannot be used on urine - which means two different spill kits are required for blood and urine. With Clinell Spill Wipes you only need one.
Clinell Spill Wipes were created to make the entire process of dealing with body fluid spills easier and safer. They increase compliance in this necessary, but often neglected, infection control procedure in a cost-effective manner.
The packaging is designed so that all items, including the protective clothing worn by the user, can be disposed of in the re-sealable bag and placed into the appropriate disposal channel.
The super absorbent pad generates peracetic acid and hydrogen peroxide on activation. This proven formula is also safe to use on urine, unlike traditional chlorine-based products.
How to Apply
- Wear appropriate PPE
- Tear the pack open
- Remove the wipes
- 'A' is the active side and should be placed on the spill
- Place the active side (A) face down onto the spill and leave to absorb for 30 seconds
- Push down on the plastic backed side (B) and move around until the spill is fully absorbed
- Place the soiled wipe back into the pack.
- Remove a disinfectant wipe from the sachet
- Clean the spill area in an 'S' shaped motion from clean to dirty
- Place the soiled wipe and empty sachet back into the pack
- If required, repeat steps 8-10 with the second wipe and re-seal
- Dispose of in the appropriate waste stream
Click here for Safety Data Sheet
Click here for Spill Wipes Product Brochure